Blue Care Medical Academy is owned and operated right here in Southaven, Mississippi. Our training classroom and skills training room comfortably accommodate a full class. We have advanced training materials as well as open office time where students may practice their skills. Our goal is to deliver the best training to talented individuals who have the passion, drive, and motivation to care for our love ones and our community.
CEO, Program Director. Donna has 16 years of experience as a registered nurse in acute care and long term care. Her background includes med-surgical nursing, acute care nursing, supervisory, and managerial. Donna is certified in First Aid/CPR, Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Advanced Stroke Life Support. Donna is an active member of Mississippi Nurses Association and American Nurses Association. Donna is currently pursuing a Masters degree in nursing with a concentration in Family Nurse Practitioner.
Omarr Hurd is the Chief Operating Officer at Blue Care Medical Academy. Omarr has 15 plus years of experience in managerial and supervisory experience. His background includes
creating business plans, arranging financing, hiring staff, reviewing sales, developing marketing strategies, overseeing daily activities, and identifying business opportunities. multitasking ability, creative thinking, ethical business practitioner. Omarr is certified in First Aid/CPR. Omarr has a degree in Business and Accounting.
Blue Care Medical Academy's mission as a certified nurse aide training program is to create an excellent environment in which to train nurse aides. We will strive to provide a place of excellence for students to learn and practice the entire required state approved curriculum for nurse aides.
We are committed to training nurse aides that will be ready to participate in the health care industry with confidence. Our graduates will be able to face any challenge before them. They will be ready to enter the workforce and make a positive difference in people's lives.
We feel it is a honor and privilege to be a part of the training for nurse aides. We look forward to having our graduates go forward into the community as a positive and caring part of the health care industry.
We look to the future needs of our community for well trained and caring nurse aides and hope to fulfill these needs through our program. Always keeping in mind, the importance of a highly trained nurse aide as the front line of patient care in any setting.
Our students' commitment: To go forth, always strive for excellence & to deliver high quality and compassionate healthcare to each patient every time.
Blue Care Medical Academy is thankful for this opportunity to be of service to our community.
Donna Luckett, CEO
Omarr Hurd, COO
Caring Hands!! Touch a Life!! Save a Life!!
Blue Care Medical Academy offers a flexible program of study and curriculum consisting of two sessions. Our training classroom and and skills lab comfortably accommodate a full class.
Our instructors are highly qualified Associate, BSN, and Masters degree nurses with several years of experience in acute care and long term care.
We have designed affordable schooling that allows students to invest in their future.
State approved nurse aide training
Licensed by the Mississippi Commission on Proprietary School and College Registration, Certificate No. 694. Licensure indicates only that minimum standards have been met; it is not an endorsement or guarantee of quality. Licensure is not equivalent to or synonymous with accreditation by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Session 1 consist of a four week course that takes place on Monday and Thursday nights 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The first week of class students attend an additional night on Wednesday. Clinical rotation consist of two Saturdays 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Session 2 consist of a three week course that takes place Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Clinical rotation is two days on Tuesday and Wednesday 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
1. Describe the functions of body systems appropriate to the nursing assistant scope of practice.
2. Describe the roles and responsibility of nursing assistants including ethics, communication, legal responsibilities, abuse laws, and Mississippi State Board of Nursing regulations.
3. Demonstrate professional communication skills including recording and reporting, and legal and ethical responsibilities.
4. Demonstrate safety and inflectional control practices that comply with standards of practice for nursing assistants.
5. Identify stages of growth and development.
6. Define common medical terms and abbreviations used in health care.
7. Demonstrate competence and proficiency in the following categories of skills:
o Communication and interpersonal relationships.
o Safety and infection control.
o Personal care procedures.
o Vital signs.
o Nutritional requirements and techniques.
o Admission, transfer, and discharge procedures.
o Exercise and activity.
o Unsterile warm and cold applications.
o Care to clients with special needs. o End of life care.
o Care to clients with cognitive impairment.
8. Comply with privacy and confidentiality laws.
9. Demonstrate behaviors consistent with professional work ethics.
10. Adhere to the policies and procedures of clinical sites.
1. Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of common elements required for certification by the Mississippi State Board of Nursing. This will be measured by student achievement of a passing grade on instructor developed quizzes and administered final examination.
2. Students will be able to demonstrate compliance with standards of practice for nursing assistants and demonstrate competence with all skills required for certification. This will be measured by an administered skills competency check off that contains elements of all required steps for all required skills.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, country of origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, physical disabilities, or mental disabilities.
1. A complete application must be filled out
2. Applicant must be 18 years or older
3. Applicant must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
4. Applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent
5. Applicant must have background check and drug screen completed. The Administrative staff will review the background check and determine if the applicant is eligible for admission.
Applicants will be ineligible if convicted of any of the below offenses:
➢ Abuse of any kind
➢ Illegal drug possession
6. Applicants must have a negative PPD or chest x-ray within the last 6 months before acceptance into the program
7. Applicant must submit proof of immunization (Varicella, Hep B, MMR) before acceptance into the program
8. Applicant must have CPR prior to clinicals
9. Applicant will be required to obtain liability insurance prior to clinicals
10. Applicant must pass a competency test
11. Applicants must pay all class and textbook fees before the first day of class. Payment options are available.
All program fees must be paid out with zero balance prior to completion date and prior to going to clinical.
Mississippi requires all students to meet a minimum of 75 hours of classroom and clinical time. Our program consists of 60 hours in classroom and laboratory (minimum)
16 hours in clinical facility (minimum).
Achieve a final grade of 85% or higher on each quiz and 75% or higher on the final examination.
Complete the skills check list to the instructor’s satisfaction with a score of PASS. Skills lab is not based upon a numeric grade. Grading for skills lab is either PASS or FAIL.
1. Demonstrate competent communication and interaction on a one-one basis with each client.
2. Demonstrate sensitivity to each client’s emotional, social, and mental health need through skillful, directed interactions.
3. Assist the client in attaining and maintaining independence.
4. Exhibit behavior in support and promotion of the client’s rights.
Demonstrate observation and documentation skills needed in the assessment of the client’s health, physical condition, and wellbeing.
Students who successfully complete Blue Care Medical Academy Nurse Aide course are eligible to apply for certification in the state of their choice. Each state Board of Nursing determines requirements for certification; it is the student’s responsibility to contact the state of their choice to ascertain eligibility requirements. Blue Care Medical Academy will assist with this process once students have paid in full the cost of certification test. Completion of an approved program is only one of the requirements and does not mean automatic certification as a Nurse Aide. Students must successfully pass state certification test to become licensed/certified.
Ask us how to get your application fee reduced
Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care, 4th Edition
Liability insurance and CPR must be obtained prior to going to clinical
$95.00 (MS) $98.00 (TN)
Application fee, payments toward tuition and other applicable fees can be payed here. Also, payments can be made via Cash App. Find us via Cash App @ $BCMAofMiss.
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, and events.
Click on a file to download.
Someone will be in touch with you soon!!
204 Main Street , Southaven, Mississippi, 38671, United States
Monday - Saturday: 8am - 5pm